MyDNA is an Australian genetic interpretation company that decodes the information in your genes to help you live better. Experts work together to provide genetic interpretation and to explain its relevance in a way you can easily understand. This can help the individual and their healthcare professional to make more informed decisions about nutrition, diet and fitness.
WHAT DOES MyDNA TESTING INVOLVE?
It couldn’t be simpler. Swab the inside of your cheek with the myDNA kit and register your sample online.
Post it to the myDNA lab for testing and analysis. After approximately 10 days you will receive notification that you report is ready via the myDNA portal. You will have ongoing access to this information.
The nutrition report provides individuals with the following
· How your DNA influences your body weight
· The way your body stores and processes dietary fats
· Whether you are likely to feel full after eating
· Cholesterol and triglyceride indicators
· Which diet is best suited to your body for long-term health and wellbeing
· A serving size guide based on your unique genetic results, your age and gender
What is included in a myDNA Personalised Fitness Report?
The report will identify your results for seven key genes which have an influence on your suitability to endurance sports and sports that require sudden bursts of energy.
It will include access to an interactive portal where your combined gene results along with your goals and current fitness level, allow you to generate a comprehensive tailored workout. Note that variety in training is recommended for all people, regardless of genetic type.
The Caffeine report can give you some insight into:
· How quickly your body metabolises caffeine and approximately for how long you are expected to experience the effects of caffeine.
· How likely you are to get sleep disturbance form caffeine and if so, for what duration.
· Whether your caffeine metabolism can be sped by certain foods or other factors.